You may be visiting this site because you’ve recently been asked to start an archives at your school or at least investigate how to get started. Here are a few tips:
- Contact local schools to see if they have an archives and if you can come for a site visit.
- Read some of the professional books listed on the Resources page, available through the Society of American Archivists.
- Join a local/regional archives group. Find one in the Directory of Archival Associations.
- Join the NAIS Archivists community.
- Planning a School or Community Archives (Montana Heritage Project)
- So You Want to Start an Archives? (State Historical Records Advisory Board of North Carolina)
- Establishing an Archives (Archives Association of British Columbia, Canada)