The summer is a great time to further your education or work on some neglected projects. Even if you are still working on campus, the demands on your time are often lessened. What are some good workshops and conferences throughout the country? If you know of one that is not listed here, please email me at pamelanye “at” westminster.net. Thanks!
For a list of courses available through the Society of American Archivists available all over the United States, please visit: http://saa.archivists.org/Scripts/4Disapi.dll/4DCGI/events/ConferenceList.html?Action=GetEvents.
For a detailed list of archival organizations, please visit: http://www2.archivists.org/assoc-orgs
- Society of California Events Calendar: http://www.calarchivists.org/Events
- Society of Rocky Mountain Archivists’ Spring Meeting: “Digital Archives“; June 6, 2014 at the Denver Public Library
- Society of Georgia Archivists’ Summer Workshop: “Digital Preservation for Audio/Digital Preservation for Video“; June 26-27, 2014 at the Atlanta History Center
- Kentucky Council on Archives: 2014 Spring Meeting; June 6, 2014 at Keeneland Library, Lexington, KY
- Society of Southwest Archivists Annual Meeting; May 28, 2014 in New Orleans. Here is a list of their Pre-Conference Workshops:
- Grant Writing Clinic. Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 1:30-5:00 pm.
- Inreach and Outreach for Digital Archives. Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Planning Fundable Grant Projects.Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 8:30 am-11:30 am.
- Project Management for Archivists.Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 1:00-5:00 pm.
- Maine Archives and Museums is providing a wide variety of summer workshops:
- May 19, 2014, 9:00am-4:30pm–Water Salvage of Library and Museum Materials at the Woodlawn Museum, Ellsworth, ME
- May 21, 2014, 9am – 4:30pm–Water Salvage of Library and Museum Materials at the South Portland Fire Department, South Portland, ME
- May 30, 2014, 10:00am-2:30pm–Disaster Planning Step by Step at the Bangor Public Library, Bangor, ME
- June 9, 2014, 9:30-3:30–A Development Primer: Build Capacity and Bolster Your Fundraising Efforts at the Cohen Education Center at Osher Map Library, Portland, ME
- June 23, 2014, 9:00-3:00–Collections Care: Caring For and Storing Your Organic Objects–FREE! at the L.C. Bates Museum, Hinckley, ME
- Michigan Archival Association Annual Conference: Mackinac Island on June 26 and 27, 2014
- Conference of Inter-Mountain Archivists (CIMA) Annual Conference: May 14-16, 2014 in Carson City, Nevada
- New Hampshire Archives Group Annual Meeting: May 21, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm. at St. Anselm College in Goffstown, New Hampshire
- Archivists Round Table of NYC Events Calendar: http://www.nycarchivists.org/calendar
- New York Archives Conference (NYAC): 2014 Conference held June 4-6, 2014 at Binghamton University in Binghamton, New York
- New York State Archives: In-person and online recorded webinars available: http://www.archives.nysed.gov/a/workshops/
- Society of Ohio Archivists’ 2014 Annual Spring Conference: May 16, 2014 at the OCLC Lakeside Conference Center in Dublin, Ohio.
- Cincinnati Area Archives Roundtable: What do I do with all this stuff? Audiovisual digitization, practices and procedures (OhioDig Meeting); May 21, 2014 at the Westerville Public Library, Westerville, Ohio.
Washington State Area
- Northwest Archivists’ Annual Meeting: “Moving Forward: Reaching New Audiences with the Past”; May 29-30, 2014 in Spokane, Washington